MEFCC – a haven for cult entertainment fans
The Middle East Film & Comic Con (MEFCC) is the only consumer event for fans of cult entertainment and popular culture in the Middle East
Taking place this weekend at Dubai International Convention Centre (Dubai World Trade Centre), from April 9-11, this event promises to be heaven for fans of cult comics, TV, film and art. It’s also a chance for fans to meet some of their favourite stars and artists – this year’s guest line-up includes William Shatner (Star Trek’s Captain James T. Kirk); Gillian Anderson (The X Files); Karl Urban (Éomer in Lord of the Rings); Kelly Hu (CW, Phineas & Ferb, CSI); Max Landis (writer of Chronicle); Livio Ramondelli, artist; Denis Medri, comic artist, illustrator and concept designer; Long Vo, legendary founder of the biggest anime online community and gaming site Gaia Online; Andy Suriano, Emmy Award-winning artist and creator and Danny Choo, producer of Culture Japan and Caitlin Glass, voiceover artist.
Launched for the many thousands of fans in the region and to support both the media, licensing and entertainment industry as well as encouraging a new generation of artists, writers, directors and entrepreneurs within the entertainment & artistic field, the concept of the Comic Con (or Comics Convention) started in the late sixties and has become a worldwide phenomenon.
Just as spaceships, aliens and superheroes have become a part of mainstream entertainment and pop culture there are now similar events in almost every major city around world attracting hundreds of thousands of fans every year.
The event is not only an opportunity to fans to meet celebrities & artists, watch exclusive previews, purchase limited edition merchandise or take part in exciting competitions – it’s also a chance to connect and make friends with the thousands of other fans from across the region.
Stuff to do at the Middle East Comic Con and Film Fest:
- Meet some of the biggest stars from TV, movies and the comics industry and walk away with signed autographs or photos
- Watch exclusive previews of the year’s biggest blockbuster movies or some classic genre films
- Take part in workshops, panels discussions or fan Q&As
- Promote/sell your own work or your own collection at the Artist Alley
- Meet some of the best regional entertainment content producers from all across the Middle East
- Be the first to purchase exclusive items from many of the world’s leading entertainment companies
- Submit your work for review by some of the world’s leading artists and win great prizes
- Take part in great games and contests including cosplay, gaming and much more
- Get your picture taken and walk away with a souvenir poster or T-shirt with your own face, in your favourite scene, of your favourite movie
- Join the fun and hire a costumer just for the day from Mr. Ben’s Comic Con Costume Closet!
For fans of every age, whether a committed cosplayer, a crazy collector, a casual comic reader, a gung-ho gamer or even just a connoiseur of creativity there is something for everyone!
Oh, and if that’s not enough, Thirty Seconds to Mars will be rocking the convention hall on Friday, April 10.
Tickets, information and prices are over here